Walton F. Hoffmann Memorial Post 179

Military Records

The Human Resources Command (HRC) Army Soldiers Record Branch website, with directions on accessing or requesting your military records, can be accessed at www.hrc.army.mil/content/1113.

If you cannot access your records electronically, submit a signed copy of Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records) to obtain free copies of a DD Form 214 and/or the AMHRR/OMPF.  Refer to the “Location of Military Personnel Records” on the back page to determine the appropriate location in order to submit a completed Standard Form 180.
Federal law [5 USC 552a(b)] requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing.  Each request must be signed (in cursive) and dated within the last year.